WTF I LIETERALLY THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT DOGS UNTIL NOW I AM 20 YEARS OLD
of course it was, why would he actually sing about real dogs and why they got out
No it isn’t. It’s actually talking about the men who predate upon women in clubs, calling them dogs, not ‘ugly women’. Just look at the lyrics:
And tell the fellas stop the name callin’
Yepee ah yo
Then them girls respond to the call
I hear a woman shout out
Who let the dogs out
Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof
Or if that isn’t clear enough for you that it’s women quite clearly calling the men dogs then read this next bit:
Get back gruffy, mash scruffy
Get back you flea infested mongrel
Now I tell meh self dem man go get angry
Ah yepee ah yo
To hear them girls calling them canine
It’s saying that men who attack women for being ‘ugly’ or refuse to leave them alone are worse than stray mongrels! It plainly points out that women do not want or appreciate the attention and so taunt them with the verse of ‘who let the dogs out’ because they are both unable to control themselves and vile little creatures. Learn to do some fucking research.
ahunterandafewmore said: I think I saw somewhere that you favored the bow weapons in MH3U. Think you could provide tips? I try using bows to mix things up a bit, but I usually end up getting bowled over by the bigger monsters...
As for tips:
- Carry a strong element and know the vulnerabilities of the monsters you’re fighting. There are very few raw damage bows worth using and those need very specific sets to go with them.
- Make sure you have decent coatings. Power coats are great but not absolutely required, status coats are always useful though. Fun note: Exhaust coats deal KO damage when aimed at the head of a monster. Combine it with your arc shots [which also do KO damage to heads] for KO funtimes!
- As far as making more coats out in the field, if you have the inventory space go for it. Most quest boxes carry 15 extra Poison coats and elder dragon fights have Power coats. I’ve found the initial 20 poison coats + 10 combo refills + the 15 from the quest box are INCREDIBLE when fighting Diablos and Duramboros.
- Know your shot types! There are 3 different shot types across all bows, and each have their own “critical distance”, or a spacing that maximizes their damage. You’ll know you’re at the correct spacing for the shot type when the hit flash is a white spark instead of a pink/orange…poof. Spread shots work best at close range, Rapids at medium range, and Pierce at long range or against really big monsters like Elders and Duramboros.
- Remember to charge your shots! Longer charge = more damage. Always try to get to at least a lv 2 before firing, spamming lv 1s willy nilly only works in low/mid-high rank or when making cheese sandwiches with 4 Kelbi bows.
- Arc shots are fun. Use them. Arc shots are a nifty mechanic where you can fire a volley of shots by charging to a lv 3 or higher and then pressing A while you’re holding X. You’ve gotta know when you’ve got an opening to use them though. since they take a while to get to. Also when they hit the head they do KO damage! The three types are Wide [lots of… rocks? hitting an area about as big as a Gigginox, pretty good for breaking parts], Focus [my favourite, lots of rocks hitting a small area for repeated damage, best for getting KOs if you aim properly], and Blast [hits twice, one damage/element shot on contact with the monster, then explodes when it hits the ground]
Suggested Armour Skills:
- Focus is THE skill every archer should have. It halves charging time so you can get to your lv 3s and Arcs faster.
- Element Atk Up gives a 20% boost to every element for only ten skill points, if you don’t have a charm or don’t want to grind Alatreon you could spring for [element] Atk +2 for whatever bow you want to pair it with for the same boost to only that element. The Dire Miralis bow gets 660 Fire with it, which is hilarious.
- Status Atk +2, see above but for statusing. Goes well with bows like the Bnahabra family, Worldseer’s Bounty, and Great kelbi Deershot that have a wide selection of status coatings.
- Load Up adds a lv 4 charge to bows that allow it [some come with a lv 4 charge already which makes this skill redundant], essentially making it Sharpness+1 but for bows, pairing nicely with Focus. Thanks ask-a-deviljho for pointing this out to me.
- Pellet/Spread Up for bows with Spread shots, like Warflare Demolisher, Worldseer’s Bounty, and Selene Moonbroken. Unlike Normal/Rapid Up and Pierce Up, this gives a whopping 30% damage increase to Spread shots!
- Peak Performance is riskier to use, but you’re not supposed to be getting hit as a Gunner anyway. At full health you get a major attack boost and a sweet glowing fist.
Good luck and happy hunting!
Last Night in Ferguson (10.21.14): A state senator was arrested (and mama may have been legally packing), one of the lead organizers, nettaaaaaaaa, was roughed up by police, and one of the main sources of footage/live feeds, Rebel Z, was detained in what seems to have been an intimidation and straight up harassment tactic. The police are out of control, and it’s only getting worse. If you think this is over, you need to look again. #staywoke #farfromover
Ferguson is still happening. Are you still paying attention?
peaceontheplanet replied to your post “hey all! so i hit a frankly stupid follower benchmark this week, and…”Can you tell me another story? I’m bored out of my mind working for insurance and could use an lol. Hope you’re having an otherwise good day with your stupid follower count :)
sure, peaceontheplanet. i mean i can’t promise it’s gonna be as funny as the internet apparently found the porn thing but like, HERE’S A STORY ABOUT THE TIME I GOT MUGGED AT KNIFEPOINT (BUT BY A GENTLEMAN).
so when i was studying in argentina, it was like a thursday, and they were having what’s called a “feria” which is kind a holiday?? in argentina sometimes they decide to CANCEL EVERYTHING, ostensibly to celebrate things like books and students but i suspect really so that nobody has to go to work.
- argentina gets me.
ANYWAY, i decided that day to go the gym! this was new and different for me, a person who considers “intense chewing” to be exercise.
BIKINI BOD: ON TRACK.
so i went to the gym. it went the way that trips to the gym usually do for 5’8” girls with severe pigeon toes and a total lack of all motivation.
as i’m walking home, past the college of dentistry, i was fussing with a lighter that i had in my pocket because i was also, at that time, dealing with my fear of intimacy by smoking. so this guy comes up to me and is like, “hey, can i borrow a light?”
here’s a list of things i should have said:
- "sorry, no."
- "ahhhhhh you know what, i would, but i’m super busy right now??? i actually have a dentist’s appointment, as evidenced by this College of Dentistry that i’m standing outside??"
- "NO HABLO ESPAÑOL."
- "don’t you know that smoking gives you cancer? let’s commit to quitting, right now, to each other. bring it in. go team. together we can."
here’s what i did say:
- "claro que sí, amigo."
he’s trying to light his cigarette, and his hands are shaking a little? so he can’t. and i’m like, dude, calm down, it’s okay. what is this, your first cigarette or something? lol.
after a few seconds, he kind of goes, “fuck it,” and drops the lighter into his pocket. and i’m like, “excuse me??? that’s my lighter?? also you didn’t even manage to light your cigarette???” but before i can vocalize these protests, he gets rEALLY close to me and pulls out a knife. then he goes, “you have three seconds.”
what i should have said:
- "okay. you can have whatever you want."
- "here’s my wallet."
- "wow, what a very sharp-looking knife, in what way can i avoid being stabbed with it today??"
what i actually said:
- "haha, uhhhhh, until what?"
UNTIL WHAT. “UNTIL WHAT, MR. SIR WITH THE KNIFE? LIKE, WHAT’S ON THE MENU HERE????”
BUT HE DIDN’T SAY DEATH!!! it turns out that the gentleman attempting to rob me was like, maybe a rookie? it’s possible that he had never robbed anybody at knife-point, before. this as an experience that we were going through together for the first time.
because what he said was: “….i have a knife.”
i said, “yes. i can see that. it’s very nice.”
- IN MY DEFENSE: IF YOU ARE GOING TO ROB SOMEONE, THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO GIVE CLEAR DIRECTIONS.
- "i have a knife"??? come on, buddy. be better prepared. come with a to-do list. practice in a mirror.
- "then i’m going to pull out the knife and say: give me _____."
- clear, concise, quick. that should be your motto, buddy. it is not MY JOB, as the ROBBEE, to read your goddamn mind. I AM NOT DRIVING THIS SHIP. IF YOU ALSO AREN’T DRIVING IT, WE ARE IN TITANIC-LEVEL TROUBLE.
at this point, clearly realizing that he had gotten in tOO DEEP with this dumbass tourist who didn’t even know how to get robbed properly, he blurted out, “uhhhhh, do you have a phone?”
i did have a phone! i had a broken claro go-phone that i had purchased upon entering the country which had 2 argentine pesos worth of text messages left in it and a inbox message from a boy name juan that said, “you like me a LOT.”
- i had responded, “actually, i just like you the normal amount.”
- i felt bad about that when i realized that he was trying to say, “i like YOU a lot,” but feelings verbs in spanish are mostly reflexive.
- SORRY JUAN.
i handed the man with the knife my phone. he looked at it. looked back up at me. “r u srs?” his face seemed to say. “this is what you’re giving me right now? a janky ass claro go-phone that is CLEARLY MISSING THE NUMBER 7 KEY????”
look, the shoddy workmanship is a source of frustration to you and me BOTH, okay. we’re BOTH victims here.
but the beautiful thing about this story is that HE TOOK IT! he looked at me, looked down at his knife, sighed, and put the phone in his pocket. THEN HE REACHED BACK INTO HIS POCKET AND RETURNED MY LIGHTER TO ME.
we looked at each other.
- here’s the thing that no one tells you about daylight robbery: there’s like. an afterbeat.
- there is a moment in between “robbery-in-progress” and “going home to your homestay and explaining that you can’t answer phone calls anymore” where you and your robber have to look at one another and figure out HOW TO WALK AWAY.
- listen, friends: in robberies, as everywhere, goodbyes are never easy.
"thank you," he said.
"you’re welcome," i answered.
he hesitated. “have a good day,” he said.
"………….okay," i answered. "you too. enjoy the phone."
- ENJOY THE PHONE?????
- IT WAS BROKEN. IT WAS CLEARLY BROKEN. WE BOTH KNEW THAT NOTHING BUT HEARTACHE WAS GOING TO COME FROM THAT PHONE.
i think about this a lot, and i wonder if he ever thinks about me. i wonder if he ever thinks, “that goddamn asshole knew i was going to have to press the 7 key four hundred times before it registered anything.”
- i’m sorry, man with the knife. i panicked. in the heat of the moment, we all say things we don’t mean.
Some how that is the most you robbery ever.
Character/creature designs from my concept art class - my prompt was Aladdin!
The original story is about a Chinese thief vs an African sorcerer, (utter east vs the utter west) so I took inspiration from Chinese opera design and african masks !!
There’s a LOT I’d like to work on here, but had to get these wrapped up for class..hopefully I can make time next month! (Also, again, I’ve been getting into twitter lately if any of you guys want to say hi over there! :)